Rarely do people have lukewarm feelings about Brussels sprouts – very little gray area here. I happen to love them, but I know other people, like Kevin’s friend Steve for example, who refer to them as “evil baby cabbages”.
My first impression of Brussels sprouts left much to be desired (think boiled and bland). Thankfully, I have since discovered that there are lots and lots of tasty ways to prepare and serve them. This salad is a light and refreshing way to use up some fresh Brussels sprouts.
Come on, give the evil baby cabbage a second chance.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Toss Brussels Sprouts, orange segments with dressing and top with pomegranate seeds, avocado and pecans. Enjoy!
If you’re not convinced, here are a few more tasty ways to serve Brussels sprouts:
- Brussels Sprouts with Ginger, Honey and Tamarind by Fake Food Free
- Autumn Quinoa & Brussels Sprouts by The Chic Life
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Poppy Seeds by One Lovely Life