To all the veggie haters out there: I triple-dog-dare you to try this recipe. It’s pretty hard to hate fresh green beans when they’re covered in a delicious peanut sauce….unless of course, you hate peanuts…that would make this recipe doubly unappealing. Hopefully, that is not the case.
Garnishes: chopped scallions, chopped red bell pepper, red pepper flakes
- Fill a large mixing bowl with ice and ice cold water.
- Fill a large sauce pan full of water, cover and bring to a boil so that you can blanch the green beans. Once water is boiling, submerge green beans for 60-90 seconds (more if you do not like your veggies to be too crisp).
- Using a pair of tongs, carefully remove the green beans from the boiling water and place into the bowl with ice and water to quickly stop the cooking process and to maintain the beautiful bright color of the vegetables.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and peanut butter. Stir to combine ingredients & flavors.
- Now add the green beans. Stir and garnish with chopped red bell peppers, scallions and peanuts.
- Serve immediately or place in refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!