I am not a trained baker. My measurements are not always exact and I often begin without a clear idea of what I am going to make or how I am going to make it. Not the best strategy. But when I’m in the kitchen I feel most alive….like I know what I am called to do. I feel God’s presence strongly in the kitchen. Not just because I feel peaceful, but because I’m having fun and God is fun.
When do you feel most alive?
Recipe last updated: July 2014
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease or place liners in a muffin pan.
- Mix dry ingredients: in a large mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients: place the ripe peeled bananas in a mixer and blend on low speed for 3-5 minutes until well mashed. Add the applesauce, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on low speed for 1 minute until fully combined.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry mixture and combine until just blended (DO NOT OVER MIX!). Add chocolate chips, stir gently then fill each muffin up about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a piece of dry spaghetti or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a cooling rack and allow them to sit for 10 minutes before attempting to remove the wrapper. Makes 60 mini muffins or about half as many regular sized muffins.