My friend Liz and I came up with this recipe at work a few weeks ago. We created it for an elementary school nutrition class. We tried out two versions – this one and an Asian flavored one (more gingery with soy sauce and sesame oil). We liked both, but we decided to serve this one. Most of the kids liked it, although some were freaked out by the word, quinoa.
Like these wraps? You might also like my Asian Quinoa Lettuce Wraps!
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package.
- Prepare onion and red pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients above (except for lettuce leafs).
- Once the mixture is combined, spread ¼ cup of the mixture onto each lettuce leaf and wrap/fold over like a taco shell.
- Enjoy as a snack or a quick lunch!