Looking for a refreshingly light and quick meal or snack? Try these simple tabbouleh lettuce wraps! This recipe uses the traditional bulgur, but quinoa also works great as a gluten free substitute.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in 1 cup of uncooked bulgur. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn heat off, cover and let stand for 20 minutes. Drain excess water, place in a mixing bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped parsley, mint, scallions, tomato and cucumber. Stir to combine ingredients.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Add vegetable/herb mixture to cooled bulgur. Stir to incorporate ingredients. Add lemon juice mixture and stir. (Feel free to add more salt or pepper depending upon your taste preferences)
- To assemble lettuce wraps, place lettuce leaves on a plate and top with 1/4-1/2 cup of the tabbouleh (optional: top with feta cheese) and fold like a taco to eat. Enjoy!