Kevin and I found this yummy restaurant called b.good. Their tag line is “food made by people, not factories” and they serve lots of “real” food – much of it locally grown….burgers and veggie burgers, baked sweet potato fries, hearty salads, smoothies, rosemary lemonade and kale and quinoa veggie bowls. The inspiration for this recipe came from the veggie bowls on their menu.
Quinoa veggie bowls are so easy to make and work great as leftovers for lunch the next day or as a quick post-workout meal. I decided with this recipe to include all of my favorite taco fixins, but really any combo of veggies and protein along with the quinoa would probably taste great!
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Lettuce, kale or other leafy greens
- Roasted mushrooms
- Grilled zucchini, summer squash or eggplant
- Freshly grilled corn
- Diced yellow, red or orange bell peppers
- Grilled chicken breast, steak, shrimp or other seafood
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on package.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa and black beans, stir. Next, add cherry tomatoes and diced green peppers. Stir to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly into 4 servings.
- Top with sliced red onion, sliced avocado and salsa. Add any other desired toppings (shredded cheddar cheese, scallions, corn, grilled vegetables). Enjoy!