This chunky chili is pretty chunky. I have a feeling you won’t miss the meat.
Toppings (scallions, shredded cheddar cheese, low-fat sour cream)
- In a large saucepan with a lid, cook the onions in the olive oil (about 5 minutes until slightly translucent and brown around the edges), and then add the salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and then cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until carrots become softer (cook with the lid on), medium-high heat.
- Add the bell pepper, zucchini, corn, beans and diced tomatoes with the liquid from the can. Stir to blend all ingredients together and then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes along with the mushrooms and spices.
- Allow the soup to come to a complete boil and then turn the temperature to low-medium heat and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve the soup topped with shredded cheddar cheese, scallions, diced red onion, and sour cream.