This is a very clean tasting salad, thanks to the fresh basil and lemon. It’s loaded with lots of fresh spring vegetables and works really well as a side dish or as an entrée. Enjoy!
- In a sauce pan, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water and place into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate sauce pan, bring 6-8 cups of water to a boil, submerge asparagus spears and shredded carrots for 60-90 seconds. Remove with slotted spoons and place in bowl of ice cold water (to stop cooking process). Veggies should be very bright in color and slightly tender.
- To the large mixing bowl with the cooked pasta, add edamame, artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans, and tomatoes then stir.
- Now add basil, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss.
- Serve at room temperature. Makes about 6 servings.