Where did this year go?! It has been a really great year, but it’s hard to believe that Christmas is in just 2 days! If you’re planning to make some cookies for Santa tomorrow you might want to give this recipe a try. It’s simple, delicious and the cookies are only about 30 calories a piece. :) Thanks for the recipe, Mom! Merry Christmas!
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients (sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract) with mixer until well blended. Note: almond or anise extract can be substituted for vanilla extract .
- On low speed, add the next 3 ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) and beat until combined.
- Roll batter into round ball shaped cookies (about 1 teaspoon each) and then place on baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen cookies (~60 cookies)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Drizzle over the cookies once they have cooled (about 10-15 minutes).
- Sprinkle with nonpareils. Enjoy!