I love this recipe! I’m not sure where it came from originally, but I have been making it each fall for more than a decade. Even when I lived in Florida and it was 90 degrees in November (and I desperately missed autumn in New England) I would make this recipe with my roommates. We would turn up the AC, put on wool sweaters, drink mulled cider, and have faux fall in our Florida apartment.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is the spicy scent of nutmeg and cinnamon that perfumes the air as it bakes! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place muffin liners in a single muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl or mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy then add the other wet ingredients: eggs, orange rind, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat for about 1 minute.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in cranberries, golden raisins, and pecans.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes (or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and top is brown). Transfer pan to cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes. Enjoy!