For the past eight weeks, I have had the pleasure of working with Emma D’Arpino, an intern from Bay View Academy. Emma is an extremely talented and motivated young lady and she has been working with us to create some great resources – like this camp snacks PDF! Welcome Emma…take it away!
Hi everyone! I’m Emma. I am currently finishing my senior year at Bay View Academy in Riverside, RI. My plans for the future include attending Simmons College in Boston to study Nutrition and Dietetics and minor in Photography. I have been interning with Corrine for the past eight weeks and have had nothing but a blast; from helping patients with advice while receiving work experience in the field to shooting my best photography right in her office. This post was so much fun to create, giving me more experience and skill than I ever imaged receiving. Big thanks to Corrine and team of Keep Your Diet Real! I wouldn’t have been able to create and post this without you!
It’s almost time for summer camp!
Finding healthy, non-perishable snacks for camp can be challenging, to say the least! Camp snacks are notoriously loaded with empty calories and artificial colors and flavors.
So what should you pack?
Click on the image below or HERE to download a FREE copy of our KidsChews Summer 2013 Camp Snacks special edition.
What you’ll get for FREE:
- A grocery shopping guide for camp (with product brand names – including a list of non-artificially sweetened beverages)
- 100 quick & healthy camp snack ideas
- 4 NEW recipes on easy print/cut recipe cards
KidsChews is a special edition publication for kids and families by Keep Your Diet Real. Our “chews” are easy to prepare with kids and use minimally processed, whole food ingredients. Look for more KidsChews special editions later this summer!
This energy bar recipe has been adapted from an older cereal bar recipe post that used to be up on the site. The original cereal bar recipe was created with my friend Liz. Thank you, Liz for your amazing recipe inspiration!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (first 4 ingredients listed)
- In a medium sized sauce pan, combine the remaining ingredients and heat on low/medium heat stirring regularly until fully combined.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and combine until dry mixture is thoroughly coated.
- Place the cereal bar mixture into a baking pan (8×8) and place into the refrigerator for 1 hour to cool/set.
- Once cooled, slice the mixture into bars of desired size. Enjoy!